Saturday, 1 December 2012

Secret Lair - Photoshop Lesson

In this lesson we were shown the technique of doing quick panel sketches to help visualise an idea or a thumbnail. We did 3 lots of 3 panels, with our favourite one being used to expand upon. We were also told that we could relate this session to our projects if we wanted to.



 1
 
 2
 
 3
 
 4
 
 
1 - The first panel I thought I'd experiment a little bit with composition, so this image is supposed to show a tent like structure being held up by a wooden support beam.
 
2 - The second panel is the same thumbnail as the first but with a different camera angle. This time the beam is in the middle and the camera angle is focused on the top of the beam, to show the tent like ceiling. i also added a slight texture brush to the walls to make it look more animal skin like (like traditional Tipi's)
 
3 - The third panel is after Photoshop Phil came over and told me to stop using all the panels for one image lol and to experiment with the different brushes. so the top image was originally wooden beams with supernatural atmospheric value added to it, but looks more like a haunted forest. The middle image is a texture i made using three different brushes to create an Amerind looking texture panel which I went on to use further down the line of my project. The bottom image is another texture panel I made but I thought this one could be used more for a wall inside my lair.
 
4 - The fourth one is the middle texture panel from 3, I used this one for some of my work and I liked the effect it added.
 
(NB - I did have few more but it looks like I haven't saved them on memory stick :S will upload them Monday)

No comments:

Post a Comment